What is Hungry Horse?
A friendly local that combines elements of a contemporary ‘family restaurant’ with a ‘proper pub.’
Hungry Horse is well known for providing great value food & drink and a sense of fun in a relaxed, informal environment. All of our pubs provide a warm friendly welcome and have strong ties with the communities they serve.
Hungry Horse acquisition requirements:
We are actively seeking opportunities to build new Hungry Horse pubs throughout England, Scotland and Wales. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Sites of 1 acre +
- Main road frontage and good visibility
- Brown or greenfield sites
- Freehold or long leasehold deals
- For a ground floor area 6,500 sq ft GEA
- Minimum 80 car parking spaces
- Garden / children’s play area
- All locations considered
- Ideally population of 20,000 within 1 mile
- Residential suburbs, new housing developments and urban extensions
- Close to other demand drivers including hotels, supermarkets, hospitals, stadia
- Quality locations on or close to retail and leisure parks actively considered
Why Hungry Horse?
An award winning pub concept, Hungry Horse is already at the heart of over 240 local communities around the UK.
A Hungry Horse typically brings £2.5m+ investment to a local community, delivering a quality development with 40-50 permanent full/part time new jobs.
We work closely with Job Centre Plus to recruit locally, taking on a high proportion of long term unemployed and offering apprenticeships, training and career development opportunities.
Hungry Horse on the ground
There are lots of important ingredients that make up a thriving Hungry Horse pub: